Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Tumbling...Tumbling...Tumbling...

that's how I feel today.  Feel like I'm tumbling down a hill and can't stop.  I'm not sure why I'm feeling like this but my insides are all knotted up also.  

I feel like I have no control over my life at this moment.  I feel like I'm being swallowed up by this cancer inside my body.  Like it's taking over, which it's not true it's only one spot but still one spot is one spot.  I feel like I need to change my whole life. 

 I have to eat different foods, I go to the grocery store and I see foods and I know that should be in my cart now.  Alan does most of the cooking except all he knows right now is this spaghetti loaded with this special sauce.  Tomatoes are the foods to eat to really fight cancer.  So he piles everything into his sauce with tomatoes, thyme, peppers, garlic, onions, everything you can imagine.  It is quite good but it is so filling you can only eat a tiny bit of it and your full.  I love him to pieces but he must find some other stuff to cook if he's gonna be my personal chef and doctor :) 

Tomatoes
This fruit/vegetable is the epitome of a cancer-fighting superfood. Not only do tomatoes contain lycopene, the antioxidant phytochemical that also helps prevent heart disease, but they're a good source of vitamins A, C, and E -- all enemies of cancer-friendly free radicals.
I also read that Watermelon is good for you also.   I LOVE watermelon.  My problem is I love it with salt.  You can bet I will chowing down on it this summer!

I feel like I have so much to do before my surgery.  The house is a disaster.  I know it's because we all have been sick this past week with colds, and flu.  Our bedroom looks like a nuclear explosion went off.  I still have Christmas decorations in here, not up mind you but still in here still waiting for a box my husband promised me we had some downstairs.  He told me specifically NOT to buy anymore because we had plenty to pack the remaining stuff in.  It's almost Easter and I still got them up on my tv stand in the sitting room next to our bedroom.  Which who wants to sit on a couch and look up and see Santa up there. The stuff in the laundry basket is Christmas stuff wrapped up and also in the Kohl's bag.

I get tired so easy.  I don't sleep well.  I'm up all through the night and that's if I actually sleep at night.  Last night I did go to sleep but kept waking up through out the night.  I wanted to run over to Ashland and buy girl scout cookies off of Leona today but doesn't look like I will get around to it.  I have about 12 boxes already that need to get in the freezer as it is.  The family likes the samoas and I didn't buy enough of those as it is.  Oh well.  

The sun is shining today 2 days in a row.  Does this actually mean Spring is really here or the snow is gone for the year? 

This week I meet with my plastic surgeon , neurologist, pre op doctor, lab work done, internist , cardiologist,  who knows what else.  I just know it's gonna be a busy week.

Well I better get off of here and see what we can get done.  Yes we because Alan is going to help me get our bedroom organized and cleaned yippee!  What a way to spend a nice, sunny, Saturday! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment