Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Praying for a stranger...

Today I got to go out to lunch with the hubster to the Mexican joint up the road.   We were enjoying our meal when a group of ladies sat down to the table next to us.

At first it just looked like they were girlfriends enjoying a Sunday afternoon out, I was envious of them all laughing and smiling.  Then we started hearing bits and pieces of why they were there. There jovial smiles turned sorrowful. Alan said they are talking about someone with Breast Cancer.  The lady they were talking about had a stage 4, it had spread to her lungs and they were going to test other organs. The lady wasn't there. These ladies were here to set up a fundraiser event for her. How special that lady has a group of ladies willing to do anything to help her.  I could only imagine how sad and lonely she must feel. Even if you have people that care for you there is that time when you have your own thoughts that no one is privy to but yourself and God.

A first I thought this isn't the lunch I wanted to be having, me - trying to get away from my own thoughts of cancer for awhile. But the more I sat there thinking of it I knew that was selfish and I just stopped and prayed for whomever they were talking about.  I know I can use all the prayers and my situation isn't dire as that ladies is.

As it was time to leave I felt the urge to walk over to those ladies and tell how wonderful it is what they are doing.  As I was just diagnosed with Breast Cancer the one lady reached up and gave me a hug.  I told them good luck to their friend and they said good luck to me also.   When it comes to Breast Cancer we all are in the fight to find a cure.  My only wish is I wished to help their friend, I wish no one has to go through this deadly disease.

Just remember when you find yourself self loathing remember there is always someone out there that has it worse off than you.  I need to remind myself of this daily.

Plus always remember to pray for your loved ones and always remember those strangers in need extra prayers too.




0 comments:

Post a Comment